6:00 PM - 8:00 PM Volunteer Celebration
6:00 PM SAB Meeting
Yeatman-Liddell College Preparatory Middle School will begin the Missouri Assessment Program (MAP) testing for 6th-8th grade scholars beginning, Monday April 17th. Please see the attached MAP Testing Schedule. MAP testing will take place April 17-May 12, 2017.
The MAP testing program assesses scholars’ progress toward mastery of educational standards. MAP testing includes assessments in the subject area of communication arts (grades 6-8), mathematics (grades 6-8) and science (grade 8).
Attendance during MAP testing is vital to scholar success. Please try to avoid making appointments or checking your child out of school during testing dates. Scholars tend to perform better when they take tests in the regular testing environment. For this reason, we try to avoid the additional stress to your child by singling them out to make up missed tests. Below is a list of additional tips to help your scholar do well on the MAP test:
· Be aware of the testing schedule.
· Encourage your scholar to do his/her best.
· Be certain that your scholar has had adequate rest (this may mean getting them used to an earlier bed time before the week of testing).
· Be on time for school.
· Avoid scheduling appointments that can be made at a later date and early dismissals.
· Make sure your child has a book to read when the testing session is complete.
· Be certain that your child has two or more number two pencils (not mechanical).
· Have a positive attitude about testing.
· Ask about the test each day. Let your child know the test is important and that you care about the results.
Results of the MAP test provide the school with information on how your scholar is developing, and we want all scholars to show what they know. Each scholar’s SMART goal is to perform two or more grade levels higher than last year’s MAP results. Parental support is imperative in the motivation of our scholars and by partnering together I am certain our scholars will do an outstanding job!
Thank you for supporting your scholar throughout the school year and during this important MAP Assessment period. Should you have questions or concerns please contact your scholar’s teacher or me at (314) 261-8132 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You are truly appreciated!
Dr. Leslie Bonner, Principal
MAP TESTING SCHEDULE:
Monday, April 17th - 8th Grade Science
Tuesday, April 18th - 8th Grade ELA
Wednesday, April 19th - 8th Grade Math
Monday, April 24th - 7th Grade ELA
Tuesday, April 25th - 7th Grade Math
Wednesday, April 26th - 6th Grade ELA
Thursday, April 27th - 6th Grade Math